Monday, December 10, 2007

Short Stories Reviewed

Tania Hershman alerts me to Issue 2 of her great new website The Short Review, devoted to reviews of short story collections:

On the menu this month are:

  • debut collections by: a Brit living in Prague, a Canadian, and a Panamanian- American (The Loudest Sound and Nothing; Fifteen Modern Tales of Attraction; Come Together, Fall Apart)
  • anthologies from Britain and Australia (You Are Here; The Sleepers Almanac)
  • classics of different shades (Katherine Mansfield's Collected Stories; Self Help by Lorrie Moore)
  • the English translation of a Polish collection (Tales from Galicia)
  • a zombie-filled second collection (Magic for Beginners)
  • an award-winning flash fiction collection from a small press (The Sky is a Well and Other Shorts).

5 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

Thanks for the plug, Elizabeth, and for keeping all the colours (although some of the text disappeared)! Looking forward to featuring your collection in the mix.

Tania

Elizabeth Baines said...

Sorry about the missing text. I think I've fixed it now!

Tania Hershman said...

thank you so much, you're fabulous. And I just realised that your RSS feed has changed and I have missed your last 20 blog posts... must start reading and catch up!

Elizabeth Baines said...

Oh dear I don't know how that happened. Someone else told me my feed wasn't working...I must say feeds are a mystery to me. I had never bothered to put one on, but then round about Sept I added one, after which I found out that you don't really need to do this with Blogger, which apparently has an automatic feed. Perhaps that's the problem.

Tania Hershman said...

That's ok, who really understands all this RSS business?! I press a load of buttons and hope something works :)